Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30 Motor Driver 14A is essentially a ramped up version of our Ardumoto motor driver shield. For this Monster Moto Shield, we have replaced the L298 H-bridge with a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers.
We have also beefed up the support circuitry so this board is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors! The VIN and motor out are pitched for our 5mm screw terminals (not included), making it easy to connect larger gauge wires.
When using this board in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal (in addition to the myriad other complications present in a high-current system) However, when using the board at currents up to 6A the chips will barely become noticeably warm.
- Current sensing available to Arduino analog pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19 m (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20 kHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage shutdown.
Driver Model : Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30
- Operating Voltage(VDC) : 12~16
- Peak Current (A) : 30 (10 seconds)
- Continuous Current (A) : 14
- No. of Channels : 1
- Over-Current Protection (A) : Yes
- Thermal Protection : Yes
- LED Indicator : Yes
- Cooling Fan : NO
- Arduino Sheild No : Can be used with Wire connection
- Maximum PWM frequency 20 kHz
- 1 x Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30 Motor Driver 14A Module
- 1 x Row of 7 pins