L98 Motor Driver Board is a high voltage, high current dual full-bridge driver designed to accept standard TTL logic levels and drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC and stepper motors. Two enable inputs are provided to enable or disable the device independently of the input signals. An additional supply input is provided so that the logic works at the lower level.
This motor driver is perfect for robotics and mechatronics projects and perfect for controlling motors from microcontrollers, switches, relays, etc. Perfect for driving DC and Stepper motors for micro mouse, line following robots, robot arms, etc.
- Operating Supply Voltage up to 46V
- Total DC current up to 4amp (Each channel can carry up to 2amp)
- Low Saturation Voltage
- Over Temperature Protection
- Logical ”0” input voltage up to 1.5 v (High Noise Immunity)
- PTR connector for easy connection.
- Out1: Motor A lead out
- Out2: Motor A lead out
- Out3: Motor B lead out
- Out4: Mo (Can actually be from 5v-35v, just marked as 12v)
- GND: Ground
- 5v: 5v input (unnecessary if your power source is 7v-35v, if the power source is 7v-35v then it can act as a 5v out)
- EnA: Enables PWM signal for Motor A (Please see the “Arduino Sketch Considerations” section)
- In1: Enable Motor A
- In2: Enable Motor A
- In3: Enable Motor B
- In4: Enable Motor B
- EnB: Enables PWM signal for Motor B
- H-bridges are typically used in controlling motors’ speed and direction but can be used for other projects such as driving the brightness of certain lighting projects such as high powered LED arrays.
Two things to mention:
- Make sure you have all of your grounds tied together; Arduino, Power source, and the Motor Controller.
- The PWM Pins are unnecessary if you do not want to control PWM features.
- 1 x L298N 2A Based Motor Driver Module