LM35 is an integrated analog temperature sensor whose electrical output is proportional to Degree Centigrade. LM35 Sensor does not require any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies. The LM35’s low output impedance, linear output, and precise inherent calibration make interfacing to readout or control circuitry especially easy.
As such no extra components required to interface LM35 to ADC as the output of LM35 is linear with 10mv/degree scale. It can be directly interfaced to any 10 or 12 bit ADC. But if you are using an 8-bit ADC like ADC0808 or ADC0804 an amplifier section will be needed if you require to measure 1°C change.
LM35 can also be directly connected to Arduino. The output of LM35 temperature can also be given to comparator circuit and can be used for over temperature indication or by using a simple relay can be used as a temperature controller.
The LM35 device is rated to operate over a −55°C to 150°C temperature range, while the LM35C device is rated for a −40°C to 110°C range (−10° with improved accuracy). The LM35-series devices are available packaged in hermetic TO transistor packages, while the LM35C, LM35CA, and LM35D devices are available in the plastic TO-92 transistor package. The LM35D device is available in an 8-lead surface-mount small-outline package and a plastic TO-220 package.
|Mounting Type||Through Hole|
|Sensor Type||Temperature Sensor|
|Output Type||Analog Voltage|
|Maximum Supply Voltage (V)||30|
|Minimum Supply Voltage (V)||4|
|Operating Temperature Range (°C)||-55 to 150|
|Shipment Weight||0.008 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||8 × 5 × 3 cm|
- Calibrated directly in Degree Celsius (Centigrade)
- Linear at 10.0 mV/°C scale factor
- 0.5°C accuracy guarantee-able (at a25°C)
- Suitable for remote applications
- Low cost due to wafer-level trimming
- Operates from 4 to 30 volts
- Less than 60 mA current drain
- Low self-heating, 0.08°C in still air
- Non-linearity only 0.25°C typical
- Low impedance output, 0.1Ωfor 1 mA load
- 1 x LM35 TO-92-3 Board Mount Temperature Sensor IC.