This ultrasonic sensor is very similar to the ultrasonic sensors which are found in cars. This Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor shows some important constructional advantages over the conventional sensors. It comes in two separate parts one being the transducer which is the sensing element and the other being the control board.
The module is capable of providing information of the objects between the distance range of 250 mm to 4500 mm. The great advantage of using this Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor is you can put the sensing element far away from all the control circuitry.
This Ultrasonic Distance Sensor is an industrial-grade sensor to measure distance. Interfacing with it is the same as another cheap ultrasonic sensor, but it offers better performance and is compatible with harsher environments and is waterproof too! It can be easily interfaced with Arduino and Sample codes and projects are available.
There are many ultrasonic distance sensors in the market, but sometimes, this kind of sensor needs to work in vulnerable conditions. This Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor meets this requirement. It has a good performance and almost the same usage of an HC-SR04 module.
The basic working principle:
- Turn on TRIG Pin to 5V for at least 10uS
- The module will then automatically send 8 40KHz tones and automatically detect when the signal return after reflecting back from the object
- Upon detecting the signal, a high-level signal is outputted through the IO Pin ECHO. By keeping track of the time duration between transmitting and receiving the signal, the distance can be calculated. Distance = (Time to Receive Reflected Signal * speed of sound (340M/S)) /2
Wiring of Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor Module with Probe JSN-SR04T:-
Applications of Waterproof Ultrasonic Obstacle Sensor Module with Probe JSN-SR04T:
- Horizontal distance
- Obstacle avoidance, automatic control
- Traffic control
- Security, industrial control
- Artificial intelligence, and research.
- 1 x JSN-SR04T Water Proof Integrated Ultrasonic Ranging Module