The DHT22 Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor – [Standard Quality] is a basic, low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor. It uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air and spits out a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins needed).
Its fairly simple to use, but requires careful timing to grab data. The only real downside of this sensor is you can only get new data from it once every 2 seconds, so when using our library, sensor readings can be up to 2 seconds old.
Simply connect the first pin on the left to 3-5V power, the second pin to your data input pin and the rightmost pin to ground. Although it uses a single-wire to send data it is not Dallas One Wire compatible! If you want multiple sensors, each one must have its own data pin!
- Relative humidity and temperature measurement
- Calibrated digital signal
- Outstanding long-term stability
- Extra components not needed
- Long transmission distance
- Low power consumption
- 4 pins packaged and fully interchangeable
- Measure temperature and humidity
- Local Weather station
- Automatic climate control
- Environment monitoring
- 1 x DHT22 Digital Temperature and Humidity Sensor – Standard Quality