A PT1000-S Waterproof 1m 30mm Stainless Steel Pole Probe Temperature Sensor is an ideal choice for precision temperature sensing. This sensor is a type of resistance temperature detector (RTD), which is a temperature sensor that has a resistor whose resistance value varies with temperature. This resistor is a thin strip of Platinum with a resistance of 1000 ohms at 0°C, hence the name PT1000. Unlike most NTC/PTC thermistors, PT1000 sensors are more stable and accurate (but also more costly). They are suitable for measuring temperature in laboratory and industrial settings, and they are known for their accuracy (better than thermocouples), repeatability, and stability.
This PT1000 sensor has a 316L stainless steel shield that can withstand temperatures up to 550°C. (Try saying that five times fast!)
How does the sensor work?
- As the temperature in your application changes then the electrical resistance will also change. An increase in temperature will increase the resistance of the temperature sensor.
- The measurement is completed by your instrument by applying a small measurement voltage and utilizing a bridge type circuit.
- Based on resistance measurement principles.
- Resistor material is Platinum with a value of 1000 ohm at temperature 0°C.
- Platinum has a positive resistance-temperature factor; resistance increases with rising temperature.
- Resistance variation is a function of temperature: 3.85Ω/°C nominal.
- High accuracy and stability compared to thermocouples, silicon-based temperature sensors, or thermistors.
Package Includes :
1 x PT1000-S Waterproof 1m 30mm Stainless Steel Pole Probe Temperature Sensor.