L293D is a dual H-bridge motor driver integrated circuit (IC).Motor drivers act as current amplifiers since they take a low-current control signal and provide a higher-current signal. This higher current signal is used to drive the motors.
L293D contains two inbuilt H-bridge driver circuits. In its common mode of operation, two DC motors can be driven simultaneously, both in forward and reverse direction. The motor operations of two motors can be controlled by input logic at pins 2 & 7 and 10 & 15. Input logic 00 or 11 will stop the corresponding motor. Logic 01 and 10 will rotate it in clockwise and anticlockwise directions, respectively. Enable pins 1 and 9 (corresponding to the two motors) must be high for motors to start operating.
When an enable input is high, the associated driver gets enabled. As a result, the outputs become active and work in phase with their inputs. Similarly, when the enable input is low, that driver is disabled, and their outputs are off and in the high-impedance state. They are designed to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, dc and bipolar stepping motors, as well as their high-current/high-voltage loads in positive-supply applications.
- 600ma Output Current Capability Per Channel
- 1.2a Peak Output Current (Non Repetitive) Per Channel Enable Facility
- Overtemperature Protection <li>Logical “0” Input Voltage Up To 1.5 V (High Noise Immunity)
- Internal Clamp Diodes.
- Featuring Unit rode L293 and L293D
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 36 V
- Separate Input-Logic Supply
- Internal ESD Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- High-Noise-Immunity Inputs
- Functional Replacements for SGS L293 and SGS L293D
- Output Current 1 A Per Channel
- 1 x L293D Motor Driver IC DIP16
Rohan Giri (verified owner) –
working and very good