The CJMCU TCA9548A I2C 8 multi-channel expansion board enables communication with multiple I2C devices that have the same address that makes it simple to interface with. Using this you can get up to 8 same-address I2C devices hooked up to one microcontroller – this multiplexer acts as a gatekeeper, shuttling the commands to the selected set of I2C pins with your command.
The TCA9548A I2C 8 Channel Multiple extensions development board is interesting in that it has an I2C address and you basically send it a command to tell it which I2C multiplexed output you want to talk to, then you can address the board you want to address.
- 5V Tolerant Inputs.
- Supports Hot Insertion.
- I2C Bus and SMBus Compatible.
- Low Standby Current.
- 1-to-8 Bidirectional Translating Switches.
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II.
- Active-Low Reset Input.
- Power Up With All Switch Channels Deselected.
- 1 x CJMCU TCA9548A I2C 8 Channel Multiple Extensions Development Board