16×2 Keypad LCD Shield is a solution for Arduino lovers those who want to work with LCD and arduino without using external switches. It includes a 2×16 LCD display and 6 momentary push buttons. Pins 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are used to interface with the LCD. Just one Analog Pin 0 is used to read the five pushbuttons. The LCD shield supports contrast adjustment and back-lit on/off functions. It also exposes five analog pins for easy analog sensor plugging and display. An on board power LED is also provided.
This design is great since easily lets you keep connecting sensors to the rest of the pins, and use it for monitoring or menu selection with the push buttons even for gaming. Often project applications require testing or debugging. Displaying information right away help on most occasions when a computer is not at reach. If you are planning to build something not attached to a computer and you need to check what is going on when you place it on position, this addition will prove very valuable to make sure the program is running well.
The used LCD pins are not exposed on top side of the board leaving only the unused ones. This way, conflict with LCD pins on top of the board will not happen anymore.
- The LCD Keypad shield is developed for Arduino compatible boards, to provide a user-friendly interface that allows users to go through the menu, make selections etc.
- It consists of a 1602 white character blue backlight LCD.
- The keypad consists of 6 keys select, up, right, down, left and reset.
- To save the digital IO pins, the keypad interface only uses one ADC channel.
- The key value is read out through a 5 stage voltage divider.
Analog 0 Buttons (select, up, right, down and left)
Digital 4 DB4
Digital 5 DB5
Digital 6 DB6
Digital 7 DB7
Digital 8 RS (Data or Signal Display Selection)
Digital 9 Enable
- 1 x 16×2 (1602) LCD Keypad Shield – Blue Backlight for Arduino