OLED Display 0.96 inch SPI White is the display module which can be interfaced with any microcontroller using SPI or IIC protocols. It is having a resolution of 128×64.
For the I2C setup of OLED Display 0.96 inch SPI White Module, it demands a little bit of work on the module, let us start with re-soldering the resistor from position R3 to R1 and then short the R8 resistor with some soldering tin (0 Ohm resistor). The R6 and R7 pullup resistors are already soldered, with nothing to do there. Once done, the module is ready for I2C communication! The CS Pin is not necessarily needed, so just connect it to GND. The DC Pin selects the address. For standard address wire it to GND. The RES-pin needs a low pulse at startup and a high voltage during operation (as in SPI mode), a 100nF capacitor to GND and a 10k resistor to VCC would be ideal.
- No Backlight required as the display is self-illuminating
- Low Power Requirement
- Large Viewing Angle
- Full Compatible with Arduino
- Support for SPI and I2C
- Factory configured for SPI protocol (can easily change to IIC)
- Better performance characteristics than traditional LCD and LED displays.
- Only Need 2 I/O Port Control
- 1 X 0.96″ Inch SPI OLED LCD Module + CSpin 7pin (with GND VCC) White SSD1306 Chip