An LM741 operational amplifier is a DC-coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier. It has only one op-amp inside. An operational amplifier IC is used as a comparator which compares the two signal, the inverting and non-inverting signal. The main function of this IC is to do the mathematical operation in various circuits. Op-amps have large gain and usually used as Voltage Amplifier. The LM741 can operate with a single or dual power supply voltage.
- Pin-1 is Offset null.
- Pin-2 is Inverting (-) i/p terminal.
- Pin-3 is a non-inverting (+) i/p terminal.
- Pin-4 is -ve voltage supply (VCC)
- Pin-5 is offset null.
- Pin-6 is the o/p voltage.
- Pin-7 is +ve voltage supply (+VCC)
- Pin-8 is not connected.
- LM741 has only one op-amp inside, there are some op-amp IC’s having more than one op-amp like LM358, LM148, LM248, LM348
- Provided with short circuit and overload protection.
- Low power consumption.
- Large common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage ranges.
- No external frequency compensation is required.
- Prevent from latch-up when the common-mode range is exceeded.
- Minimum, normal and maximum Power Consumption for this IC is ±10v, ±15v and ±22v respectively.
- Operating temperature should be -50 to 125 ˚C.
- Supply current – 1.7 to 2.8mA.
- Soldering pin temperature – PDIP package – 260 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- TO-99 and CDIP – 300 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- Available packages: TO-99, CDIP & PDIP
- 2 x LM 741 Operational Amplifier IC