Soil hygrometer humidity detection module is used to detect moisture. This is very sensitive to the ambient humidity. When the soil is dry the module outputs a high level, otherwise outputs low. This sensor can be used to make automatic watering system, so that garden plants can be watered without people to manage.
The soil moisture sensor consists of two probes which are used to measure the volumetric content of water. The two probes allow the current to pass through the soil and then it gets the resistance value to measure the moisture value.
When there is more water, the soil will conduct more electricity which means that there will be less resistance. Therefore, the moisture level will be higher. Dry soil conducts electricity poorly, so when there will be less water, then the soil will conduct less electricity which means that there will be more resistance. Therefore, the moisture level will be lower.
Specifications of Soil hygrometer humidity detection module:
- Sensitivity adjustable using potentiometer
- Operating voltage: 3.3V – 5V
- Dual output mode: digital output, analog output being more accurate.
- Fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- PCB size: 3cm * 1.6cm
- Power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- Comparator LM393 chip
Interface Description (4-wire):
1. VCC: 3.3 V-5V
2. GND: GND
3. DO : digital output interface (0 and 1)
4. AO : Analog Output Interface
The threshold value can be set through potentiometer adjustment. DO port outputs high when the soil humidity exceeds the set threshold value, else it remains zero. Analog output AO connected through the AD converter, can be used for more precise values of moisture level.
- Dual output mode, analog output more accurate
- A fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- With power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- Having LM393 comparator chip, stable.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V~5V
- 1 x Soil Moisture Sensor Kit