Arduino UNO Prototype Shield is used in the cases where you want to build more applications without using any external Breadboard. The Prototyping Shield is designed to facilitate easy prototyping with an Arduino or an Arduino compatible board. It provides prototyping board space to build custom circuits and is great to build custom projects with the Arduino. All IO pins of the Arduino can be tapped into through header pins and empty solder pads for easy expansion.
It works with UNO, Mega, Leonardo, NG, Diecimila, Duemilanove, and compatible Arduinos. Yun’s and Arduino Ethernets have a chunky Ethernet jack that gets in the way of stacking, you can use the stacking headers included and it will work, just doesn’t sit nice and flat.
- It has a nice standard 0.1″x0.1″ prototyping grid with big pads
- Comes with Stacking headers and plain header, choose whichever you want when soldering together
- An IC pattern for adding DIP ICs up to 20 pins
- Power rails down the middle and sides
- A reset button and an extra general use button
- Two 3mm general use LEDs, red and green, as well as 2 matching resistors
- A pass-thru ICSP stacking header so you can stack any kind of shield on top, and/or use an AVR programmer
- A surface-mount chip area for up to 14 SOIC size parts
- Compatible with tiny breadboards
- Every pin is brought out!
- Gold plated pads
- 2 x 0.1uF capacitors on either side for extra power stability