The LT1637 is a rugged op amp that operates on all single and split supplies with a total voltage of 2.7V to 44V. The LT1637 has a gain-bandwidth product of 1.1MHz while drawing less than 250μA of quiescent current. The LT1637 can be shut down, making the output high impedance and reducing the quiescent current to only 3μA. The LT1637 is reverse supply protected: it draws virtually no current for re- verse supply up to 25V. The input range of the LT1637 includes both supplies and the output swings to both supplies.
Unlike most micropower op amps, the LT1637 can drive heavy loads; its rail-to-rail output drives 25mA. The LT1637 is unity-gain stable into all capacitive loads up to 4700pF when optional 0.22μF and 150Ω compensation is used.
The LT1637 has a unique input stage that operates and remains high impedance when above the positive supply. The inputs take 44V both differential and common mode, even when operating on a 3V supply. Built-in resistors protect the inputs for faults below the negative supply up to 22V. There is no phase reversal of the output for inputs 5V below VEE or 44V above VEE , independent of V CC.
The LT1637 op amp is available in the 8-pin MSOP, PDIP and SO packages. For space limited applications, the LT1637 is available in a 3mm × 3mm × 0.8mm dual fine pitch leadless package (DFN).
- Operates with Inputs Above V +
- Rail-to-Rail Input and Output
- Micropower: 250μA Supply Current Max
- Operating Temperature Range: – 55°C to 125°C
- Gain-Bandwidth Product: 1.1MHz
- Slew Rate: 0.4V/μs
- Low Input Offset Voltage: 350μV Max
- Single Supply Input Range: – 0.4V to 44V
- High Output Current: 25mA Min
- Specified on 3V, 5V and ±15V Supplies
- Output Shutdown
- Output Drives 4700pF with Output Compensation
- Reverse Battery Protection to 25V
- High Voltage Gain: 800V/mV
- High CMRR: 110dB
Available in 8-Lead MSOP, PDIP and SO Packages; and a Tiny (3mm × 3mm × 0.8mm) DFN Package
- Battery or Solar Powered Systems:
- Portable Instrumentation
- Sensor Conditioning
- Supply Current Sensing
- Battery Monitoring
- MUX Amplifiers
- 4mA to 25mA Transmitters
- 1 x LT1637IS8