ESP8266 Serial WiFi Module (ESP-05) is a new player in this field: it’s tiny (25mm x 15mm), with simple pin connections (standard 2×4 pin headers), using serial TX/RX to send and receive Ethernet buffers, and similarly, using serial commands toquery and change configurations of the WiFi module. This is quite convenient as it only requires two wires (TX/RX) to communicate between a microcontroller and WiFi, but more importantly, it offloads WiFi-related tasks to the module, allowing the microcontroller code to be very light-weighted.
ESP8266 Serial WiFi Transceiver Module (ESP-05) is a cheap and easy way to connect any small micro-controller platform, like Arduino, wirelessly to Internet. ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
ESP8266 Serial WiFi Transceiver Module (ESP-05) is addressable over SPI and UART, making this an exceptionally easy choice for anyone wanting to build an Internet of Things thing. You can use AT commands to connect to WiFi networks and open TCP connections without need to have TCP/IP stack running in your own micro controller: You can simply connect any micro controller to this module and start pushing data up to the Internet.
- WIFI Direct (P2P),SOFT-AP
- The AT command is perfect, efficient, concise
- Support three modes: AP, STA and AP+STA coexistence mode the TCP/IP protocol suit
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- ESP-05 SMD package, only leads to serial and RST pin, small external antenna.
- 1x ESP8266 ESP-05 Serial WIFI Transceiver Module
- 1x Single row of unsoldered mail strip