The all-new micro:bit V2 continues to support all of the same features that teachers and students have come to love, and all the existing lessons and code for the original micro:bit will be compatible with the new device.
Designed specifically for kids and beginners, the micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize and control to bring your digital ideas, games, and apps to life. It’s a small, code-able device that is a non-intimidating introduction to programming and making – switch on, program it to do something fun – wear it, customize it, develop new ideas.
The microcontroller on the micro:bit V2 has been upgraded to nRF52833 with double the memory size to 512KB Flash, and an 8 times larger size of RAM to 128KB. With the upgrades of the main controller, micro:bit V2 is now Bluetooth 5.1 and also BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
Besides the MCU, the co-microcontroller that handles USB connection, KL26Z with 16KB RAM is being upgraded to KL27Z with 32KB of RAM too. micro:bit V2 still comes with an accelerometer, compass, and Bluetooth Smart antenna, as well as a micro USB and two-pin JST connector for different power options.
- 5×5 LED Matrix Display (Red LEDs)
- Two Programmable Buttons
- Touch Sensitive micro:bit logo
- Additional Power Indicator LED and Mic input indicator LED
- Built-in MEMS microphone input
- Onboard Accelerometer, Compass, Light and Temperature Sensors
- Wireless Communication, via Bluetooth 5.1 and BLE and 2.4GHz Radio
- Edge Connectors:
- Total 25 pins: 20 smaller pitch to pitch pins, 5 RINGS Notched Edge pins
- 4 Dedicated GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, Power and etc.
- 5 Ring pins for connecting crocodile clips or banana plugs
- 20-pin Edge Connectors, 5 notched edge Connectors
- Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- Power Button to power off the MCU
- Micro USB Type-B Connector
- JST-PH Battery Connector (Not JST-XH)
- Reset Button with Status LED
- Available current for external devices: 200mA
- Programming Platform: C++, Make code, Python, Scratch
1 x BBC Micro:bit Go V2
1 x USB Cable
1 x Battery Holder
1 x User Guide
2 x AAA Batteries