This component is ideally suited to adding dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) decoding to your project. This detection module interprets the incoming tone and produces a coded output that can be connected to all manner of microcontrollers.
DTMF is commonly found in touch tone devices such as a phone. The tone is a combination of two separate sine waves that produce a unique signal that can be transmitted or heard. When the module receives the signal it is able to decode it and produce a binary output that can be used in other devices. The module shows the state of the signal through onboard LEDs.
The MT8870 Tone Decoder is a kind of commonly used multi-frequency decode IC product developed by the MITEL company. It is a complete DTMF receiver. After it received the DTMF signal, it will divide the signal into high-frequency group and low-frequency group and send the signal to the digital decoder which can figure out the key value then send it to the outside Bus via four lines( Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) as the binary form.
- Internal Gain setting amplifier
- Onboard LED, it is very convenient to check the output state.
- Adjustable Guard time
- Onboard 3.5mm input interface
- 5 Channel Interface
- On-board MT8870 frequency decoder chip
- Power-Down mode
- Inhibit Mode
- Onboard Audio input interface
- Onboard LED lights for output state indication Complete DTMF Receiver. Does not require external circuits or wiring, it can be inserted directly into the UNO/MEGA2560/DUE board to use.
- 12-Digital outputs decode mobile and fixed telephone keys (0-9, * #). Also, another 4 Digital output(ABCD) can use “DTMF Dial” for Software control.
- 1 x MT8870 DTMF Audio/Speech Decoding Telephone Module