HT12D is an integrated circuit decoder that belongs to the 212 series of decoders. These decoders are mainly used for remote control system applications, such as burglar alarms, car door controllers, security systems, etc. They are designed to interface with RF and infrared circuits. They work with 212 series of encoders, which have the same number of addresses and data format. HT12D converts the serial input from an encoder, such as an RF transmitter, into parallel outputs. It sends the parallel data to the output data pins after comparing the serial input data with the local addresses three times. If there are no errors or mismatches, the input data code is decoded and a high signal is sent to the VT pin to indicate a valid transmission. HT12D can decode 12 bits of data, 8 of which are address bits and 4 of which are data bits. The data on the 4-bit latch type output pins remains unchanged until new data is received.
- Operating voltage: 2.4V~12V
- Low power and high noise immunity CMOS technology
- Low standby current
- Capable of decoding 12 bits of information
- Binary address setting
- Received codes are checked 3 times.
- Address/Data number combination.
- HT12D: 8 address bits and 4 data bits
- Built-in oscillator needs only 5% resistor.
- Valid transmission indicator
- Easy interface with an RF or an infrared transmission medium
- Minimal external components
- Pair with Holteks212 series of encoders.
- 18-pin DIP
- Burglar alarm system
- Smoke and fire alarm system.
- Garage door controllers
- Car door controllers
- Car alarm system
- Security system
- Cordless telephones
- Other remote-control systems
- 1 x HT12D Decoder IC
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.