This Arducam module uses the same 12MP IMX477 image sensor as the Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera but offers a mechanical IR cut-off filter switched automatically based on light conditions. The official RPi HQ camera is not sensitive to infrared, and there won’t be a NoIR version. On the contrary, this Arducam camera module not only offers sensitivity to infrared but also keeps the natural feeling during daylight. It’s fully compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a camera connector.
Important Note On The IMX477 MiPi Lanes
Our IMX477 camera module support 4-lane in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
Standard Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano/Xavier NX can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. And the drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it. Jetson Nano is also to some extent limited because of the encoding capabilities. You need to make sure you really need it.
- First you need to do Hardware setup. You need to make the connections as shown in the link . For software setup, the commands are given in the same link.
- Sensor: IMX477 – Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Onboard motorized IR cut filter, support both day and night vision
- Interface: 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
- Frame Rate: (depends on the target platform, maximum fps limit might apply) Full [email protected](normal), [email protected], [email protected] Full [email protected] (12bit normal) Full [email protected] (DOL-HDR, 2 frames)
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 6mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
- Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
- Mount: CS-Mount
- Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ30×31mm
- Weight: 53g
- Board Size: 38mm×38mm
- Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- Peak Current: 300mA
1 x Arducam High-Quality IR-CUT Camera for Raspberry Pi
There are no reviews yet.