This module is made using Alcohol Gas Sensor MQ3. It is a low cost semiconductor sensor which can detect the presence of alcohol gases at concentrations from 0.05 mg/L to 10 mg/L. The sensitive material used for this sensor is SnO2, whose conductivity is lower in clean air. It’s conductivity increases as the concentration of alcohol gases increases. It has high sensitivity to alcohol and has a good resistance to disturbances due to smoke, vapor and gasoline. This module provides both digital and analog outputs. MQ3 alcohol sensor module can be easily interfaced with Microcontrollers, Arduino Boards, Raspberry Pi etc.
This alcohol sensor is suitable for detecting alcohol concentration on your breath, just like your common breathalyzer. It has a high sensitivity and fast response time. Sensor provides an analog resistive output based on alcohol concentration. The drive circuit is very simple, all it needs is one resistor. A simple interface could be a 0-3.3V ADC
- Signal output light indicator.
- Analog and level signal output.
- TTL output valid signal is low. (When the output low signal light can be directly connected microcontroller or relay module).
- The carbon monoxide detection with better sensitivity.
- It has a long service life and reliable stability.
- Rapid response recovery features.
- 1 x MQ-3 Alcohol Detector Gas Sensor Module.