The DS3231 RTC Module is based on the DS3231 Chip Extremely Accurate I2C integrated chip from Maxim. The module is a very low cost and very accurate along with temperature compensated crystal oscillator. It provides I2C interface Real Time Clock (RTC). The module has a CR2032 Battery Holder on the back, which is served as battery input and maintains accurate timekeeping when the main power of the device is cut off.
The Real Time Clock maintains the information in seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year. On the end of the month, the date automatically adjusts for months with less than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. This DS3231 RTC module can operate either in 24 hour format or 12 hour format with AM / PM indicator. It has 2 programmable time of day alarms and programmable square wave output. It communicates the address and data via I2C bidirectional bus.
- RTC Counts seconds, minutes, hours, date of month, month, day of week, and year, with leap year compensation valid upto 2100
- Accuracy 2 ppm from 0° C to +40° C
- Accuracy 3.5 ppm from -40° C to +85° C
- Digital Temp Sensor Output: ±3° C Accuracy
- Memory Chips: AT24C02 (2Kbit)
- Register for Aging Trim
- RST Output/Pushbutton Reset Debounce Input
- Two Time-of-Day Alarms
- Programmable Square-Wave Output Signal
- Fast 400 Khz I2C interface
- Battery input from onboard battery holder
- Low Power Operation
- 3.3V Operation
- 1 x DS3231 RTC Module Precise Real Time Clock I2C -AT24C02